Suhr :: View topic - Modern HSS with hum

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Modern HSS with hum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeltxu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Modern HSS with hum Reply with quote

Hi there. Recently I've got a Modern HSS with SSH+ on bridge and ML middle and neck. Not have SSC System. So is humming. Not something horrible, but a little bit noisy when the gain is going up.

The guitar is a tone machine, but I'm thinking to fix the hum. What aftermarket pickups can be similar to replace the ML? specially the neck because I never use the position 3. Stacked or humbucker in single size? Can a Duncan STK S4n or Dimarzio Area do the job? A Cruiser or Fast Track maybe?

Have I another option? Of course the option of sending the guitar to the factory is not an option (I'm in Spain and the shipping will be astronomical). The older aftermarket SSC Sys isn't available today. Something more? Any idea?
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know they do not sell the SSCII system separately and the only way to have it is to send it into the factory for a retrofit (which I did, but I live in California so shipping wasn't too expensive)

For aftermarket pickups you have many options, it depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for something that sounds like the ML? Or are you looking for a different style of single-coil sound? Or are you looking for a big fat humbucker sound that will fit in that single-coil space?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: