Suhr :: View topic - Suhr Modern Truss Rod Adjustment

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr Modern Truss Rod Adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackhammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Suhr Modern Truss Rod Adjustment Reply with quote

The neck on my Suhr Modern Satin has bowed and has some relief in it now. I've turned the truss rod probably 1/4 of a turn total (after adjusting and checking 4 times) at this point and there still is a little bit of relief. It doesn't feel totally tight or anything, but I was wondering at what point should I stop turning it? I'm getting nervous to turn it a little further. Maybe I shouldn't be though. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! -Jack
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Suhr Modern Truss Rod Adjustment Reply with quote

Use the low e string as a straight edge.
Press at the first and 14th fret at the same time. Use the index finger of the left hand for the first fret and the thumb of the right hand at the 14th. Use the index finger of the right hand to tap the string to the fret in the middle of this length. You want a gap between the string and the fret of about 1/2 the width of the high E string. You need something but it can be almost nothing.
If that doesn’t answer it please use our customer service. Thanks!
Jackhammer wrote:
The neck on my Suhr Modern Satin has bowed and has some relief in it now. I've turned the truss rod probably 1/4 of a turn total (after adjusting and checking 4 times) at this point and there still is a little bit of relief. It doesn't feel totally tight or anything, but I was wondering at what point should I stop turning it? I'm getting nervous to turn it a little further. Maybe I shouldn't be though. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! -Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: