Suhr :: View topic - Hedgehog Boost Question

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hedgehog Boost Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biker Joe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Hedgehog Boost Question Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm how the boost light settings work? I have seen conflicting info. I think Green is medium boost and Orange is higher boost but I've seen people refer to it as the opposite. However, I think it would be strange that the order to select it would go none, high, med rather than none, med, high. Does this make sense? Anyway, the green sounds like a lower setting than the orange. Thanks for any help.
Biker Joe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was also wondering what folks would recommend to use with the hedgehog to get more of a tighter more Marshally (or PT100 Channel 2/SL68) sound?

Thinking about the eclipse but pedal board space is kind of at a premium. Would a Suhr Riot mini work? Friedman BE pedal? Xotic BB? Carl Martin Plexitone? Those are what I'm thinking...

And would you use it on a clean amp setting or with the overdrive?

I currently use a Tumnus which does great things on both clean and overdrive settings with the hedgehog!

Thanks for any input! So far, I love the Hedgehog!
last nerve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this info helps in time, as I see your thread was started awhile back.

I think you're referring to the DEEP switch, as that's the only button with two settings. Orange is 'normal' setting, which is the most boost available. Green in a lower setting, but still boosting the mids.

IME, the Hedgehog pairs really well with the PT 2x12 cab, loaded with Creambacks and allows for a more Marshall-type tone to come out. Ian Thornley uses the HH with a 4x12 loaded w/Greenbacks and that must work well, too.
Getting away from the open-back G12-65 cab will certainly help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: