Suhr :: View topic - Suhr Classic S - HSS Conversion and Anodized Gold Pickguard

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr Classic S - HSS Conversion and Anodized Gold Pickguard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeddySuhrForum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Suhr Classic S - HSS Conversion and Anodized Gold Pickguard Reply with quote

Hey y'all,

Having read many great things about Suhr guitars on these forums, I recently picked up a Suhr Classic S Antique when I saw one at a local retailer. I must say it's probably the best guitar I've ever owned (fenders, gibsons, prs) in terms of feel and sound - without even needing an extra set up out of the store!

However, as I am in Canada, there weren't many options in the Suhr selections locally. What I really wanted was a HSS (with a covered HB) configuration on the S type. I got a SSS.

I am wondering if it is a better idea to go through my retailer and Suhr Customer Service to ship the guitar back to Suhr for rewiring? Is that a logistical nightmare? Or purchase a replacement pickguard from Suhr? I am a complete novice in soldering and I wouldn't want my amateur work to defile such an expertly crafted instrument.

Also, if I am going to do this, I am thinking I want an anodized gold pickguard, which I believe are made of aluminium? Has anyone ever had issues with these interfering with the Suhr SSCII noise cancelling system?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
Teddy
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldering a guitar, given a diagram, isn't very difficult. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials to help you out, and you can buy a few extra components to practice on for just a few dollars. If you're really not confident with it, you can always just order an entire pre-wired pickguard from Suhr.

I would probably just order a humbucker pickguard from Suhr. You can easily just move the entire electronics over without even soldering other than the humbucker that you're installing. Make sure you order one that fits covered humbuckers! Suhr is very meticulous about their fit and finish so if you ordered an uncovered humbucker pickguard, the covered humbucker will NOT fit.

I don't think Suhr sells anodized aluminum pickguards for Classic S? You might want to double check with customer service for that.

I also would not recommend ordering pickguards that are meant for Fender guitars. Again, Suhr is very meticulous with their fit and finish so I highly doubt you can buy a Fender anodized pickguard and get it to fit perfectly. It's a REAL PAIN to try and cut the pickguard to fit by yourself unless you're skilled with a Dremel or you have a press drill/cut tool.

The SSCII system is solid so I doubt it'd be affected heavily by anodized pickguards. Check with customer support for that too.

Hope this helps

What humbucker are you planning to install? Customer service can provide you with a diagram for it. Watch out for wire colors. Suhr and Seymour Duncan have identical color codes so that's easy. Any other brand has different colors so be careful with that.
IrisLuna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The minor state of the group is stated clearly for the understanding of the members. the cute means of the rush essays are invited for the confirmation for the parks. The true value is greeted by humans. It is elevated for the formation depths. The true hidden element is done forth anticipation of the terms for the individuals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: