Suhr :: View topic - Suhr Strat Classic SSH w/SSCII system

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr Strat Classic SSH w/SSCII system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tkinne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Suhr Strat Classic SSH w/SSCII system Reply with quote

Hello. I am new on this forum, but have owned my Suhr Strat for several years. My question goes out to anyone that has changed pickups in this model guitar? It came from the factory with V70 single coils, and I am leaning toward either the ML's or the V60's. (not sure if the 60's must be LP)
I had a tech shop respond to this and told me this is a problem but no reason why. Any feed back on swapping my pickups would be appreciated. Thanks.
Organic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you send an email to Suhr customer support. They will help you get this sorted. It should be no problem switching to another set of pickups (even if they were not Suhr pickups).
Drew7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been discussed here before, so a forum search would probably help... but if you're just removing one set of singlecoils and putting in another, I can't think of any reason WHY you shouldn't be able to do this on your own. Just desolder the pickup wires and resolder the new ones in their place.

IIRC, it's a problem if you want to try to use some sort of hum-cancelling singlecoil or mini humbucker, but otherwise it's a pretty direct swap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: