Suhr :: View topic - So do you guys like Your Badger 30?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

So do you guys like Your Badger 30?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fusionman67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: So do you guys like Your Badger 30? Reply with quote

I just sold my Badger 18, and was seriously thinking about getting the Badger 30 watt head. I need more headroom, and a little more power. Anyway, I have to ask you guys who already have the Badger 30, do you really like it, is it more versatile then the 18 watter? Can you tell the difference?
justicetones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will disclose that I work for Suhr in the Amp dept..................BUT I sold all my other amps because I love the Badger 30.

If you loved the 18 I think the 30 will fill your needs for Headroom and such quite nice. I am pretty objective. My previous amps were a Dr Z. Maz jr, A %13 CJ11, a Bad Cat Hot Cat, and a modded Fender Concert.

I am down to one amp and I will wait patiently to add a second amp back in to my playing arsenal.

Chris
fusionman67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Badger 30 Reply with quote

Thank you Chris for the feedback. Yes, I loved the 18, and wanted to keep it, but I could not afford it.... I will give the 30 a shot now....
hippdog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Badger 30 evaluation Reply with quote

I've had my Badger 30 for about 6 weeks. I've gigged with it, survived a bit of rain, practiced, and traveled with it. I use the badger with two badger 1x12 cabinets. It sounds excellent with either one cabinet or two. I've never owned a badger 18 so I cannot comment on a comparison. HOwever, I love the 30. I love the sound, and admit that even when I'm not formally practicing, I just crank it up to enjoy the tone. I think this is a break-through design in amps. I use a bb preamp to create a clean/dirty two channel effect. I like the tonal qualities of the pair. I have nothing but praise at this point of ownership and can recommend this amp without reservation.

G&L ASAT SPCIAL 3
Cp Thornton Fusion and Professional
Redplate TweedyVerb
Twist Deluxe 35
Badger 35 and cabinet
Guitar Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Badger 30 = A truly great amp!! Reply with quote

We just received our first Badger 30 here in the shop and so far the response has been great!
The most common comment so far has been about the amount of available headroom. This little 30 watt beast can do clean quite a bit better than it's little brother.
When pushed, the overdrive stays tight and well defined. The Badger 18 has a lot of looseness in the low end which sounds great at low to medium gain settings but we all felt that it got a little hard to control the bass as the gain was turned up. The 30 has a great tight response even at the extreme settings.
All things considered, most player that have demoed both seem to think that the Badger 30 is a bit more practical for a gigging musician. That being said, because of the power scaling, the 30 would be right at home in the bedroom or in the studio as well.

Hopefully that helps. I think if you go for a 30 you will not be disappointed.

Phone: 1(505)872-3111

guitarboy@qwest.net
fusionman67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Badger 30 Reply with quote

Cool, thank you guys for the feedback. My Badger 30 is on the way...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: