Suhr :: View topic - INTRODUCTION: Kevan

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

INTRODUCTION: Kevan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: INTRODUCTION: Kevan Reply with quote

Hey folks!

I figured I'd whip out a quick introduction myself.

My name is Kevan Geier.
I'm a guitar and gear addict.
(*hi Kevan*)
Very Happy

I'm in my late 30's, and have a fantastic significant other for the past 10 years, Rachel. We live in New Albany, OH which is a suburb of Columbus. Moved here about 6 years ago from Long Island where we lived on the beach. I do miss the ocean out my front door, but I love having a house with neighbors far away.
I'm originally from Steamboat Springs, CO.

I'm also the Tremol-No guy.
Some of you know me from other guitar forums, and I certainly know TOC who hangs here. I think EdD is still here too....who's another good friend.

I run mostly Ibanez J-Custom (1st generation) guitars, but also have a EB/MM JPM, a Kramer Ferrington, and a $129 super-store Strat that I keep as a test guitar (if it sounds good on that thing, it'll sound good on anything else. LOL).
I also have a Tune fretless bass and recently picked up an Ibanez EDA-905. I'd wanted a 905 for a while (love the shape/feel), and got a great deal on it.

For amp'age, I run a Rivera TBR-2SL. With 320W of all tube goodness, it's been nicknamed "The Neighbor Hater".
For when I'm just goofin' off, I have Line6 Vetta II half-stack. It's a tweakers dream.
Up here at the computers I keep a little Line6 Spider. One switch, low maintenance, and enough volume that I don't wake the whole block up at 3AM.

I consider myself a decent guitarist, but not awesome by any stretch. Me becoming a rock star is about as probable as Verne Troyer winning a dunking contest. I just enjoy playing and learning new things.
I take the Rick Neilsen approach: "I'm not the best guitar player in the world, but I'm also not the worst.". Smile

My latest project is learning to sing and play at the same time. I've been working on it for a while, and have a few songs under my belt (of course they're super-obscure, but....).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I look forward to hangin' with you folks!
freedom's door

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kevan- it will be cool having you here, as there are questions about the Tremel-no popping up from time to time, and who better to answer them than the inventor! Smile
Trev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: INTRODUCTION: Kevan Reply with quote

Kevan wrote:
as probable as Verne Troyer winning a dunking contest.

Ha ha!

LOL! Welcome aboard!

Trev
Adji

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man welcome, im quite new here myself but already I can see its a great place.
Ive seen the tremel-No before and remeber reading about it about three yearsa go (i think) before you finally released it. Ive never used one but heard really good things about it from those who have, so great work Kevan, all the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: