Suhr :: View topic - Any Love out there for the 2003 Limited Edition?!

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Any Love out there for the 2003 Limited Edition?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Any Love out there for the 2003 Limited Edition?! Reply with quote

I snagged # 50 of 50 this past summer, and I can't believe how versatile this guitar is. The H/S/S pickup configuration yields a wide variety of tones. I also love the maple top/Alder back pairing. The guitar has a nice attack, and lots of single note clarity.!!! I am also amazed at how much bottom end I can get despite the fact that the body is chambered. I never really cared too much for chambered bodies until I picked up this guitar! I can play everything from heavy dropped D stuff to blues! I'm a happy camper to say the least Very Happy Anybody else out there have one?
elambo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUCH love for the LE. I actually have #49, so we're practically related.

You're comments are on par with what I'd say about this model. It continues to amaze me and it has passed just about every test I've thrown at it - tone options, playability, crowd appeal, etc. It's my main axe right now because it's able to give you so many other options. I do have to say that I have to switch to a Strat for certain "Strat" sounds every once in a while, but not often.

Glad to see some other fans...
MOLO2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the proud owner of #36 and I agree it's one of the most versatile guitars I've ever played on. I play everything from jazz to funk to rock, most of all I'm a big fusion head. I own 3 Suhr's at the moment but this is my favorite. It sings thru both my Bogner Ecstasy and my Rivera S120.
juggernaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this thread, I posted about mine before this board switched over. I am in Love with mine. This guitar has something real special going on. The sparking clarity when clean, and she'll get nasty if you want her to. My soundman raved about how articulate she sounds. My #1 guitar. (#6/50).
gordie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: I love this guitar Reply with quote

This model is just amazing, maybe my favorite all around guitar - versatile, sweet, total chime, I love how it works with clean tones too. This guitar works for everything.

I think the alder and SSH with low peaks and DSV is magic. I have an older Strat with an alder body, and two low peaks and a DSV, and it sounds similar (although it is a bit heavier, and doesn't have a maple top - for the same amp settings it is a little louder and a touch more drive than the 2003 LE - the 2003 LE has more chime).

I think all the Suhr LEs have been something else - extremely special guitars! Some people might think this one isn't as exotic as the others, but I think it is every bit as sweet as the other LEs. And that's saying a lot, because they are all incredible!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: