Suhr :: View topic - Rasmus Guitars by Suhr

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

Rasmus Guitars by Suhr
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Rasmus Guitars by Suhr Reply with quote

So this is the big surprise from us for NAMM.

Suhr playability, Suhr sound, Suhr looks... at a much more affordable price point. Can't afford a USA-made Suhr? We decided to come up with a solution. Read all about it here:

http://www.rasmusguitars.com/
izzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

Do you care if we share this news at other forums like HC?
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzy wrote:
WOW

Do you care if we share this news at other forums like HC?

No, please spread the word! Wink
Suhr-tainly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting to TGP right about...now!
jhumber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked I just read through the info on the site. I think the Rasmus line is going to be a huge hit. Plek'ing, Suhr pickups and strict weight guidelines on a $1300 guitar? I can't think of any other company that do that. At that price point (about 800 here in the UK) they're going to cause alot of headaches for the competition!

Good move - I look forward to playing one....

Cheers
Jordan

Edit: I just read your post on HRI Ed, that mentions a street price of $999. Dang....game over in the mid-range electric guitar market?
Retu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

Well, not sure about this. The name reminds me about this very cordial comic book "Rasmus Klump" which I used to read a lot when I was a kid. Rasmus was a kindhearted and polite bear who liked pancakes.

Also, the manufacturing outside the USA doesn't sound good either. I think the names "Suhr", like "Anderson Guitarworks" or "Mesa Engineering" should be kept away from the Asia-made budget line equipment. I think those names should be associated only with "the luxury" that already seasoned players can reward themselves with.
juicemaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read about the Rasmus guitar on the Suhr website my first thought was "Oh no! Suhr made in Asia...please not!" but if I think about it, even a highprofile company like Suhr wants to grow and get into new markets.

Still feels strange though. You are shipping the wood from North America to Asia, have it build over there, ship it back to the USA, plek it and check it and then ship it to the world? Seems like a lot of shipping to me but what do I know Wink

My only complaint is that I find the Rasmus logo not very pleasant on the eye...

I am very curious how they will sound, and by the way out of curiosity too, which german company makes your fretwire?
guitarchris76

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't help but feel like Suhr is selling out. I agree with the previous response stating that Suhr was luxury. I got a Suhr because of that association. I was looking forward to getting another one but will try my hand at an Anderson now. I bought a Porsche because there is something special about them. If they had a $20,000 Japanese model I wold have looked elsewhere because the brand simply would not mean as much. I fear that for me, this is now the case with Suhr.
Mouhsen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: suggestion on website Reply with quote

Well congrats on the new line of guitars.

My comment is not about the guitars, but about the way you guys made the website.

I think it may be more pleasing to have it scroll down rather than sideways.
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

Retu wrote:
Well, not sure about this. The name reminds me about this very cordial comic book "Rasmus Klump" which I used to read a lot when I was a kid. Rasmus was a kindhearted and polite bear who liked pancakes.

Also, the manufacturing outside the USA doesn't sound good either. I think the names "Suhr", like "Anderson Guitarworks" or "Mesa Engineering" should be kept away from the Asia-made budget line equipment. I think those names should be associated only with "the luxury" that already seasoned players can reward themselves with.

guitarchris76 wrote:
Wow, I can't help but feel like Suhr is selling out. I agree with the previous response stating that Suhr was luxury. I got a Suhr because of that association. I was looking forward to getting another one but will try my hand at an Anderson now. I bought a Porsche because there is something special about them. If they had a $20,000 Japanese model I wold have looked elsewhere because the brand simply would not mean as much. I fear that for me, this is now the case with Suhr.

But this isn't a Suhr, it's a 'Rasmus' (not sure on the name by the way but who cares), I don't understand why the 2 brands have to be associated, they're completely different.

Yes it's nice to feel like you have a special, boutique guitar, if you own a Suhr then you already do, as well all know - each one is made to a high standard and a great deal are built to the customer's own specifications, what could be more special about that? I don't understand how this new line of guitars takes anything away from that.

Suhr is a business. A business has to please it's customers and make a profit. The high end scale of guitar buyers (i.e anyone who has a Suhr/considering a Suhr) is a tiny percentage compared to the mid-range market, who buy guitars priced around 500-1000 (complete estimate), if Suhr can get into this market, raise profile, make some money whilst delivering another option to players then what's the problem? I for one wish there were as many different guitar brands on the market as possible, it gives companies competition, forces them to try different things and in result we get = more guitars!
Retu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Hmm again Reply with quote

Well, although not exactly like "Winnie The Pooh guitars" I still find the name awkward. I just get the same feeling as I got from this "Jimi Hendrix strat by Gibson" thing. I think within the medium price range there are already several good guitars like Ibanez, ESP and Jackson which will give a fierce competition against the sales of Rasmus as they have so many endorsed artists which work like magnet to the young guitar buyers.

Despite the fact that Rasmus guitars can be of very good quality, the young players still want their Ibanezes because "Gilbert, Petrucci, Vai and Satriani have played them!!!".
jhumber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the reaction will be when (invariably) there's a video on youtube of Guthrie tearing it up on a Rasmus?
If I was at Suhr, that would be my first marketing step!
atquinn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome idea, and it looks like Suhr is absolutely doing everything the right way. You're going to sell a ton of these!

-Austin
stechmann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

Retu wrote:

John Suhr Rasmussen Very Happy
zorshelter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eager to see these in action Exclamation
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: