Suhr :: View topic - Rasmus Guitars by Suhr

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Rasmus Guitars by Suhr
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suhr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwe200 wrote:
Suhr wrote:
In case anyone isnt on TGP to read the thoughts overther I thought I would share some stuff!

These guitar are using our frets, our pickups (made in the USA) our hardware, USA or EU wood, Graphtech nuts., everything except the gears which are bitchin, no reason to change them.
After they are inspected in China by Ed Yoon personally... we rip it all apart and rebuild it including a plek job on the frets and yes cutting the nut on those models.

Two questions I would greatly appreciate if Ed or John could answer:

1) Why would the Chinese factory assemble the guitar if the US team is going to take them apart then reassemble? Why wouldn't China just send the parts?

2) It was mentioned a couple times that the only difference between a Suhr and a Rasmus will be fit and finish. Can you please expand on this? I can understand the finishing aspect to this (i.e. the paint and clear coating is not as refined as a Suhr). However, how can 'the fit' not be the same as with a Suhr? There are only so many parts on a guitar and I fail to understand how the fit would not be the same.

Because they have to be generally close for us to go through them as a go no go. Fit should be very close but we fit each neck to each body for the ultimate in accuracy, the Rasmus are interchangeable.
jeff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this has already been stated, but how soon will these be available and where can they be purchased? Thanks
CudBucket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarchris76 wrote:
BUY TOM ANDERSON!!!

Really, huh?

28 posts on this forum and 11-12 are in this thread. Two of them recommending other brands.

And you're going to buy a Rasmus as your "kick-around" guitar? A $1000 "kick-around" guitar. I'm sure.

If it walks like a troll and smells like a troll. It's a troll.
CudBucket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shv wrote:

That's correct, but the player with $2000 to spend could end up with a Rasmus and $1000 to spend on other stuff.

Maybe but then they wouldn't have a Suhr. I don't think there will be much, if any, crossover in that regard.

Dave
shv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CudBucket wrote:
shv wrote:

That's correct, but the player with $2000 to spend could end up with a Rasmus and $1000 to spend on other stuff.

Maybe but then they wouldn't have a Suhr. I don't think there will be much, if any, crossover in that regard.

Dave

Since several people have stated that there actually is a significant difference in quality between Rasmus and Pro i agree with you.

However, if the difference in quality is neglible I, for one, will consider buying Rasmus instead of pro.
aron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since several people have stated that there actually is a significant difference in quality between Rasmus and Pro i agree with you.

I must have missed something. Did someone say "significant"?

If so, please point it out to me. I'd like to see this. Right now, I am still trying to figure out what difference the shaping and painting make in the final product. AFAIK it has very good pickups and electronics. The hardware seems good.
shv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't remember where I've heard all this, but here are som quotes that describes Rasmus vs Suhr:

Andy Wood:

Quote:
I have spent 4 SOLID BUSY DAYS playing these Rasmus guitars and my personal Suhr and the other Suhrs at the show and have come to this conclusion: While they are not built to the level of a $2000+ suhr that i normally play, they do play FAR BETTER than anything else in that $1000 and below price point.

Suhr:

Quote:
Fit should be very close but we fit each neck to each body for the ultimate in accuracy, the Rasmus are interchangeable.

Redshift:

Quote:
Then saw the Rasmus guitars and decided to try 'em out. Really, really nice for the money. As Ed said, they're Rasmus. These aren't Suhr guitars by a long shot and that's why they're not called Suhr. Fit and finish isn't comparable to Suhr but that's why they're half or less the price.

Carl Roa:

Quote:
got to spend a good amount of time jamming on the Rasmus guitar and was very impressed with it. While it might not compare to my Modern, I could and would gig with a Rasmus ... no problem.

All these statements tells me there is a significant difference in quality.

Last edited by shv on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shv wrote:
All these statements tells me there is a significant difference in quakity.

Freudian slip? Laughing
shv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Edited! Smile

Luckily I'm not making these guitars, just (ab)using them! Very Happy
Screamin' Willy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsus Shmamsus. Everybody has to make a buck. That's was Ramsus Shmamsus is all about.
ihave27frets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this elsewhere, didnt think I would actually need to post it here.. but..

There are certain parts to this debate that I don't think people are getting- Suhr isnt to try to be the "next best entry level guitar", trying to compete for the walls of local Guitar centers and Sam Ashes against brands like Esp, Schecter or Ibanez who pretty much corner the market with their mass produced entry level products.

The market I think they are trying to hit are the players who have been playing a couple years or so and have seen and tried different guitars, both lower and higher end, quality wise and want to make a step in a better direction than what is currently offered at that price.

And to think kids wont know about this brand because its new? You'd have to be crazy to not think that younger players cruise more online guitar, gear and music forums more than older players, no matter the caliber of player. And its not a price issue because I see kids everyday dropping $1200-$2500 on guitars they've never even seen or touched in person.. just going by what they have seen and heard online.

Im in a position where I talk to players everyday- all over the world, of varying age and its usually the younger players (16-26) that are totally on top of whats cool and new gear wise. Actually, Its the older crowd thats usually stays with what they know and arent so open to newer brands or products because they're so stuck in their ways.

I think The line will do great because its geared towards a crowd thats not so quick to judge and will actually notice and appreciate the attention to detail and be excited to feel and hear the difference.

But hey, what do I know

THE ABSENCE "Enemy Unbound"
THE ABSENCE "Riders Of The Plague"
THE ABSENCE "From Your Grave"
In stores world-wide!

Last edited by ihave27frets on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Screamin' Willy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihave27frets wrote:
I posted this elsewhere, didnt think I would actually need to post it here.. but..

There are certain parts to this debate that I don't think people are getting- Suhr isnt to try to be the "next best entry level guitar", trying to compete for the walls of local Guitar centers and Sam Ashes against brands like Esp, Schecter or Ibanez who pretty much corner the market with their mass produced entry level products.

The market I think they are trying to hit are the players who have been playing a couple years or so and have seen and tried different guitars, both lower and higher end, quality wise and want to make a step in a better direction than what is currently offered at that price.

And to think kids wont know about this brand because its new? You'd have to be crazy to not think that younger players cruise more online guitar, gear and music forums more than older players, no matter the caliber of player. And its not a price issue because I see kids everyday dropping $1200-$2500 on guitars they've never even seen or touched in person.. just going by what they have seen and heard online.

Im in a position where I talk to players everyday- all over the world, of varying age and its usually the younger players (16-26) that are totally on top of whats cool and new gear wise. Actually, Its the older crowd thats usually stays with what they know and arent so open to newer brands or products because they're so stuck in they're ways.

I think The line will do great because its geared towards a crowd thats not so quick to judge and will actually notice and appreciate the attention to detail and be excited to feel and hear the difference.

But hey, what do I know

I think you pretty much nailed it.
guitarchris76

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CudBucket wrote:

And you're going to buy a Rasmus as your "kick-around" guitar? A $1000 "kick-around" guitar. I'm sure.

If it walks like a troll and smells like a troll. It's a troll.

Yes. My kickaround now is a $1800 ESP Eclipse so this would be a step down. Apparently you have an issue with this, although I do not understand why.

If it walks like a dipshit and smells like a dipshit. It's a dipshit.
darkdragoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one welcome the Rasmus guitars and had ordered one already. From what I've been told, my Modern M100 in root beer metallic arriving this June.
ShredHeadJHJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarchris76 wrote:
Wow, I can't help but feel like Suhr is selling out. I agree with the previous response stating that Suhr was luxury. I got a Suhr because of that association. I was looking forward to getting another one but will try my hand at an Anderson now. I bought a Porsche because there is something special about them. If they had a $20,000 Japanese model I wold have looked elsewhere because the brand simply would not mean as much. I fear that for me, this is now the case with Suhr.

This is an extreme way of looking at it, but I do like the feeling of playing on a custom boutique guitar... WHICH SUHR IS STILL GOING TO BE MAKING.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: