Suhr :: View topic - Rasmus Guitars by Suhr

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Rasmus Guitars by Suhr
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihave27frets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarchris76 wrote:
I bought a Porsche because there is something special about them. If they had a $20,000 Japanese model I wold have looked elsewhere because the brand simply would not mean as much. I fear that for me, this is now the case with Suhr.

I agree that this is a pointless statement considering Porsche has made entry level models almost since their beginning. Ones that the snooty Porsche owners look at as the poor mans Porsche. I hope you didnt buy a Boxter.

THE ABSENCE "Enemy Unbound"
THE ABSENCE "Riders Of The Plague"
THE ABSENCE "From Your Grave"
In stores world-wide!
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihave27frets wrote:
I agree that this is a pointless statement considering Porsche has made entry level models almost since their beginning. Ones that the snooty Porsche owners look at as the poor mans Porsche. I hope you didnt buy a Boxter.

Porsche...Volkswagen...Audi...Skoda...SEAT...Bentley...Lamborghini...Bugatti.

Sh!t...I'm sending the Veyron back in the morning Crying or Very sad
jing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Know what you are supporting when you buy Chinese goods Reply with quote

noztnac wrote:
Know what you are supporting when you buy Chinese goods.
(More crap snipped.)

Give it a rest already.

According to your logic, by buying a Suhr guitar made in the U.S., you are fueling a nation that starts wars on false pretenses, maintains secret prisons overseas, tortures prisoners of war, kills thousands of innocent civilians, while pretending to be the champion of human rights. What a bunch of baloney!
ihave27frets

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Know what you are supporting when you buy Chinese goods Reply with quote

wow, people need to grow up and actully think before they speak. So nothing in your life comes from china? Nothing in you house, in your cupboard, no parts inside of any of the products you own? If you say no youre not only a hypocrite but a liar.

As stated previously in this thread, this isn't taking away jobs, it's creating them. The bottom line unfortunalty is that people are less concerned with the actually quality of the product but more interested in the country of construction which is irrelevant at the end of the day.

So I guess you should live in a cave, grow your own cotton, sew your own clothes, grow your own food, make your own cookware and furniture and never leave, because every business you go in will have in one way or another used products from China and other non American countries and you'll be both condoning and supporting anti-Americanism.

THE ABSENCE "Enemy Unbound"
THE ABSENCE "Riders Of The Plague"
THE ABSENCE "From Your Grave"
In stores world-wide!
Van Hellion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this isn't the place for politics. If my statement that China will become the largest economy in the world (which no one can deny) in a little over a decade offended some, I apologize. We are certainly not the only American guitar company working with highly qualified factories in China.

Any posts referring to politics that have nothing to do with the subject of Rasmus guitars will be deleted. Rasmus guitars will create more jobs at Suhr and also help expand our US production in the future, which will create even more jobs when we can move into a facility that has more room.

Currently, as mentioned earlier, our facility is so maxed out that we can't even add a desk to seat a new employee in any department. That's why guitar backorders are now going past 6 months and why we can't add a worker in our electronics department when our Riot backorders are now over 500.

We can't even think of adding the 24.75"-scale single-cut set-neck production until we add a lot more room, more machinery, and another big paint booth. Production of the new set-neck Moderns will be painfully slow because of limited space. When other companies are laying people off, we have added as much as we can over the past two years and we plan to add another warehouse unit and hire more employees to handle Rasmus receiving, Plek work, and shipping. Compared to actual manufacturing, Rasmus requires very little in terms of capital investment.

Please do not post uninformed and offensive posts or those posts will be deleted and you may get banned. Certainly, companies ranging from Fender to Gibson, PRS to Lakland, Peavey to G&L have all gone to Asian manufacturing to help their businesses grow. Companies do need to grow if they're going to provide better working environments for their workers, pay them better and provide better benefits and retirement plans.

We are committed to providing a better future for our employees and working with companies offshore who are respectful of their employees and their environment. The factory we will work with is ISO9000/9002 certified and surpasses environmental guidelines of even California, which has one of the most stringent air quality laws in the US. Why do we need to send our bodies and necks to J Black in Oregon to get the Antique finishes done there? Is it okay for Oregon businesses to shoot lacquer into the air when CA businesses can't? Why no complaints about Oregon businesses fouling up their air?

With this post, I am closing up this thread as I don't see any meaningful discussions being contributed here. The response to the introduction of the Rasmus line has been overwhelmingly positive by the dealers, customers and high-profile artists alike. We are only interested in providing quality instruments at certain price points. These aren't US-made Suhrs and that's why they aren't called a Suhr. We are behind this new line of instruments and we will put in our experience and know-how to make them the best they could possibly be at a new price point, but that's all there is to it. Our goals are modest (slowly ramping up to 350 units a month worldwide; compare that to over a thousand that the Fender Custom Shop does a month) and we see this line supporting our growth of the US-made Suhr products.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: