Suhr :: View topic - Suhr Pro Specs??

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr Pro Specs??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... what's the difference? Ed? John?
dookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No difference in quality as far as I can tell... You just have no options... There's just one flavor with different colors and those colors are limited to 3 (I believe)...

"Youtube is the work of Satan" ~ Guthrie Govan
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dookie wrote:
No difference in quality as far as I can tell... You just have no options... There's just one flavor with different colors and those colors are limited to 3 (I believe)...

Yup, no difference in quality. If someone ordered the identical Pro Series specs as a Custom order, the list price would be in the $3200 range. The only difference is that we'll be able to run large batches at once, instead of dealing with the gazillion options of building the Custom guitars, saving us a lot of time (and the headaches and the hassles), which is money.

The Pro Series colors are:

Black
Olympic White
Mercedes Blue Metallic
Ocean Turquoise Metallic
Orange Crush Metallic
3-Tone Sunburst

There is no upcharge for the metallic colors on the Pro Series. It's all about being able to run a bunch of the same thing through at once with a nice flow instead of constantly setting up and tearing down for each Custom guitar that have the myriad options and colors, etc. You guys have no idea how difficult it is to run a bunch of custom-spec guitars at once. It's like war out there on the shop floor day-in and day-out. Pro Series production will be serene and tranquil in comparison.
splatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - cool. I think this may well allow me to be a Suhr owner without being threatened with divorce... I'm a happy guy.
Pow Lee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[It's like war out there on the shop floor day-in and day-out. Pro Series production will be serene and tranquil in comparison.[/quote]

Hey Ed, a ZEN Guitar...cool! do you guys build the pro series in a stone garden with a quiet stream running through and all that...?
i have to get one...maybe I'll finally play less tensed up on stage Very Happy
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow Lee wrote:
[It's like war out there on the shop floor day-in and day-out. Pro Series production will be serene and tranquil in comparison.

Hey Ed, a ZEN Guitar...cool! do you guys build the pro series in a stone garden with a quiet stream running through and all that...?
i have to get one...maybe I'll finally play less tensed up on stage Very Happy[/quote]

Well, the thing is that there is virtually no room for error on the Custom guitars because every single one is so different. The body and the neck for a Custom guitar have to flow together through the line and both have to be perfect all the way through. If we find flaws in either or there are some mistakes during the building process, we have to start all over again and a bottleneck is created. We can't just grab another neck or body off the shelf since each order is unique. With the Pro Series, we don't have to worry about those things. If we find that mineral stains appear in the wood of a neck after we sand it, we can just grab the next neck and things will continue to flow smoothly for the build of a Pro Series guitar.
guru65

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...this the coolest thing since the BPSSC. LOL. You guys are seriously rocking. Exclamation
Fiesta Red

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the route under the pickguard in the Pro series? Is it HSS or HSH or swimming pool? Also, are there the same electronics on the Pro series, where the bridge humbucker sees 500k pots but the single coils see 250k? Are the necks satin finished? Finally, I'd like to see pics of the vintage white ones. Ive seen black and blue, but that's it. Anyone have pics of the others?

Thanks!
-Mark

http://photobucket.com/albums/v710/FiestaRed/My%20Collection/
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiesta Red wrote:
What is the route under the pickguard in the Pro series? Is it HSS or HSH or swimming pool? Also, are there the same electronics on the Pro series, where the bridge humbucker sees 500k pots but the single coils see 250k? Are the necks satin finished? Finally, I'd like to see pics of the vintage white ones. Ive seen black and blue, but that's it. Anyone have pics of the others?

Thanks!
-Mark

It's routed out for HSH, so you can later change the configuration to HSH or HH if you'd like. The wiring is the same as our normal HSS. Necks are satin-finished without the tint. The Pro Series has the Olympic White color, not Vintage white. You can see the Olympic White version here:

http://www.godlyd.no/default.asp?page=14&product=686&p686_v=1

The Pro Series guitars are trickling out in very limited quantities now and we'll slowly ramp up from there, but it's going to take a good while for us to ship these in sufficient quantities. Our builders work on the Pro Series guitars just as though they were the Custom jobs. There is no difference between the Pro and Custom in terms of quality or materials or in workmanship. The Pro Series just means they have set specs in several different colors.
Fiesta Red

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympic white. Sorry. Wow, that's a nice lookin guitar. Daddy needs a new Suhr!

-Mark

http://photobucket.com/albums/v710/FiestaRed/My%20Collection/
AudioDog

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a Pro series offered in an all single coil configuration?
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AudioDog wrote:
Will there be a Pro series offered in an all single coil configuration?

Not right now but you could just order an extra pickguard, the route will accept 3 singles
Morris

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just got word my new pro series Suhr is being shipped. I will post some pics when I get it, it's orange crush metallic, wich is an awesome colour.

Way to go Suhr.
Morris
songman

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to the forum and joined due to having serious interest in this guitar.

My Question:

-Could we choose the color of pickup cover? or is it set to white color only?

-Is the humbucker on this guitar coil tapped?

Thanks, David
Suhr

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

songman wrote:
Hello,
I am new to the forum and joined due to having serious interest in this guitar.

My Question:

-Could we choose the color of pickup cover? or is it set to white color only?

-Is the humbucker on this guitar coil tapped?

Thanks, David

No but you can order some extra covers, we need to stick to the no options or I know things will get out of hand real quick.

The humbucker Auto taps in the combo position

Orange Crush is a killer color!
Thanks
JS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: