Suhr :: View topic - Suhr Pro Specs??

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr Pro Specs??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, new member here. I'm really excited about the Pro series. Are there photos or swatches of the various color options available somewhere? I looked around but couldn't find any.

I'm guessing the guitar here:

http://suhrguitars.com/guitarsProSeries.aspx

is the Mercedes Blue Metallic. Is that correct?
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moro wrote:
Hello, new member here. I'm really excited about the Pro series. Are there photos or swatches of the various color options available somewhere? I looked around but couldn't find any.

I'm guessing the guitar here:

http://suhrguitars.com/guitarsProSeries.aspx

is the Mercedes Blue Metallic. Is that correct?

We are working on a color chart
Yes Merc blue is a darker blue metallic
Orange crush is a great one too
moro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suhr wrote:

That's great. Thanks!

Orange Crush is actually the one I'm curious about.
classiclefty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this be offered in a left handed model?
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

classiclefty wrote:
Will this be offered in a left handed model?

Not for a while, I'm afraid. The whole thing about the Pro Series is being able to run one-spec guitar in limited number of colors with a minimum of set-up and tear-down. We'll have to get somewhat bigger to run a good volume of lefty guitars at once. Smile
classiclefty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes sense but when you do, Im in!
Morris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moro wrote:
Suhr wrote:

That's great. Thanks!

Orange Crush is actually the one I'm curious about.

Here's mine, just in (#15):

a little closer:

My camera sucks, but it should give you a good idea. It's even more stunning in real...

Morris
david henman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...i want a suhr guitar in the worst way, and the pro series means that they are now affordable, but....the hss pickup configuration doesn't appeal to me, because i am hooked on the traditional strat design with three single coils.

my hope, then, is that this series is so successful, and the demand so high for the traditional design that my wish comes true.

-dh
neastguy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a pro series T then I can sell my muddy.... Smile
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david henman wrote:
...i want a suhr guitar in the worst way, and the pro series means that they are now affordable, but....the hss pickup configuration doesn't appeal to me, because i am hooked on the traditional strat design with three single coils.

my hope, then, is that this series is so successful, and the demand so high for the traditional design that my wish comes true.

-dh

At our current limited output of around 20~25 units per month, we're backordered through next spring. We really need to increase our output to make this worthwhile for everyone involved. You don't want to wait longer for a Pro Series guitar than our Custom guitar but that's the situation at the moment. But we've been adding more experienced (ex-Fender Custom Shop) and qualified workers little by little, so we're slowly gearing up and we hope to double our output by the end of the year.
neastguy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Yoon wrote:
david henman wrote:

-dh

At our current limited output of around 20~25 units per month, we're backordered through next spring. We really need to increase our output to make this worthwhile for everyone involved. You don't want to wait longer for a Pro Series guitar than our Custom guitar but that's the situation at the moment. But we've been adding more experienced (ex-Fender Custom Shop) and qualified workers little by little, so we're slowly gearing up and we hope to double our output by the end of the year.

WOW... next spring... Surprised
davidp158

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Howsabout offering a transparent finish? Reply with quote

I fully realize that the cost of a guitar's finish is one of the most expensive production costs, especially when a variety of colors are available....but, I'd love to see at least one transparent finish available. I like sunburst, but how about offering a transparenty amber or orange color? I know, I know....as soon as people start asking for more variations, you won't be able to produce these en masse to keep prices down. I just would like to see a transparent finish available.

Even though the line won't deviate from its original paint color offerings, I just had to ask.

Is it possible to order the hardshell case as an upgrade from the molded SKB case?

Thanks for offering the Pro Series guitars. Its a smart way to get Suhr guitars into the hands of players who can't afford them otherwise.

cheers,
Dave
GaryMcT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david henman wrote:

-dh

I'm sure you could buy a v60lp for the bridge from www.acmeguitarworks.com and get an SSS pickguard from Suhr and have what you want without spending much money.
davidp158

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust that Suhr's quality control will always be better than Fender's larger mass scale production Custom Slop guitars, and I hope that the projected plans to expand the Suhr line of products doesn't compromise this. The Pro Series concept seems like a great way to produce Suhr quality at affordable prices, but they're already back ordered. I just hope the pressure to meet orders doesn't effect quality.

I've been disappointed with many Fender Custom Slop guitars I've played. Incredibly poor setups, mediocre woods, thick finishes, loose hardware, misaligned tuners, and other inexcusable production flaws. I special ordered a Fender Custom Guitar in 1990, and it was a disaster....very heavy, mismatched neck and body finish, and the string ferrels didn't line up with the holes in the bridge. The dealer was so shocked at the workmaship that he offered it to me at his cost. Like a fool, I bought it, but sold it 6 months later. My "dream guitar" was a nightmare.

After owning an Anderson for 6 years, and a Grosh for 6 months, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Suhr. If the Pro Series offered a color I like, I'd grab one NOW, but it looks like waiting for a custom order guitar is more likely.

cheers,
Dave

[quote="Ed Yoon"]
david henman wrote:

Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Series guitars are flowing out in greater numbers but it's a slow growth process. We can't just double the output overnight. The attention to detail, quality standards and the workmanship are the same on the Pro Series as they are on the Custom. Finding the people with the skills and the experience we need is very difficult. But they do come around eventually. We recently added long-time Fender CS builder Scott Grant and he's doing a great job. We'll also be adding another FCS alumni Gil Vasquez to help out with the production at the wood shop and paint dept areas, so our core of builders and managers is now very strong and experienced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: