Suhr :: View topic - Seattle area Suhr owners?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 
 

 
 
 
Seattle area Suhr owners?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GaryMcT



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Seattle area Suhr owners? Reply with quote

Anyone in the Seattle/Bellevue area that wouldn't mind showing of your Suhr(s)?

There are no dealers here, and I'm interested in trying one out.

Maybe if I keep saying out loud that these guys should be dealers, it might happen:

http://www.northwestguitars.com

Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davidp158



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 35
Location: Bellevue, WA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lusting for my next guitar, and Suhr is at the top of my list. I played a few at American Music in Seattle, but they don't stock them, and I'm not sure if they are still a Suhr dealer.

If any Seattle area Suhr owners wanna "show off" their guitars, maybe we can do a tone-tasting somewhere. If nothing else, its always fun to meet local guitarists, and Seattle has plenty of 'em.

cheers,
Dave
_________________
More Mel Bay, less ebay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GaryMcT



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidp158 wrote:
I'm lusting for my next guitar, and Suhr is at the top of my list. I played a few at American Music in Seattle, but they don't stock them, and I'm not sure if they are still a Suhr dealer.

If any Seattle area Suhr owners wanna "show off" their guitars, maybe we can do a tone-tasting somewhere. If nothing else, its always fun to meet local guitarists, and Seattle has plenty of 'em.

cheers,
Dave


Does American Music Seattle actually have some in stock now? I think it's time for me to head over there. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davidp158



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 35
Location: Bellevue, WA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Music doesn't have any Suhr guitars in stock, but they might be able to order them, as I think they are still listed as a Suhr dealer. I spoke with Liz, and she said she'll inquire about it.

Dave
_________________
More Mel Bay, less ebay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bartok55



Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the Seattle area and recently purchased a used Suhr Classic from a member of the Gear Page.

My guitar is posted on the Suhr web site gallery - on page 1 of the gallery its the second guitar over from the left, top row. Its the transparent blond classic.

Let me know if you'd like to get together for a Suhr tone-tasting, I'm up for it. I have a couple other interesting guitars people might want to take a look at also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
davidp158



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 35
Location: Bellevue, WA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartok55 - Thanks for the reply. Nice looking guitar, by the way. Yeah, I'd be up for a Seattle area get-together with other guitarists, even if they don't own a Suhr (yet). There are Anderson and Grosh dealers in Seattle, but no one stocking Suhr guitars. Send me an email ( davidp158@earthlink.NOSPAMnet ) if you want to meet up.

cheers,
Dave


Bartok55 wrote:
I live in the Seattle area and recently purchased a used Suhr Classic from a member of the Gear Page.

My guitar is posted on the Suhr web site gallery - on page 1 of the gallery its the second guitar over from the left, top row. Its the transparent blond classic.

Let me know if you'd like to get together for a Suhr tone-tasting, I'm up for it. I have a couple other interesting guitars people might want to take a look at also.

_________________
More Mel Bay, less ebay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GaryMcT



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!

Can meet over at my place if you want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaryMcT



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartok55, do you know what the specs are on your guitar?

Thanks!
Gary
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bartok55



Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have a location! Now we just need a date!

Gary,

The specs on my Classic are as follows:

Body Wood: Swamp Ash
Neck Wood: 1 piece Maple
Neck Back Shapes: Soft medium V .840 - 920
Nut: Tusq
Frets: Medium
Bridge: 1088
Nut Width: 1.650
Hardware Color: Chrome
Gears: Gotoh Kluson
Pickguard: Parchment 3ply
Electronics: Volume, Tone neck/middle, Tone bridge, 5way
Pickups: V60 (neck, midde, bridge)
Finish: Trans Blonde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
davidp158



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 35
Location: Bellevue, WA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary - Where are you located?
Bartok55 - Nice of you to offer to show us your Suhr.

Let us know some times that you'd be available to do this. I have ongoing band rehearsals and gigs on Tues. & Thurs of each week for a while, and the occassional weekend gigs. You can send info via PM if you prefer.

It'd be great if anyone else near/around Seattle with a Suhr guitar would like to join in.

cheers,
Dave

GaryMcT wrote:
Count me in!

Can meet over at my place if you want.

_________________
More Mel Bay, less ebay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GaryMcT



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Bellevue. . . off of 24th Street. . . near Microsoft (don't work there though.)

Weekends are good for me usually.

I have a Randall RM50B modular combo amp with a few modules to run any guitars through for testing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davidp158



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 35
Location: Bellevue, WA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That location is convenient for me. I'm in Eastgate, where 148th crosses over I90. Weekends are also good for me.

Dave

GaryMcT wrote:
I'm in Bellevue. . . off of 24th Street. . . near Microsoft (don't work there though.)

Weekends are good for me usually.

I have a Randall RM50B modular combo amp with a few modules to run any guitars through for testing.

_________________
More Mel Bay, less ebay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GaryMcT



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartok55 wrote:
Looks like we have a location! Now we just need a date!

Gary,

The specs on my Classic are as follows:

Body Wood: Swamp Ash
Neck Wood: 1 piece Maple
Neck Back Shapes: Soft medium V .840 - 920
Nut: Tusq
Frets: Medium
Bridge: 1088
Nut Width: 1.650
Hardware Color: Chrome
Gears: Gotoh Kluson
Pickguard: Parchment 3ply
Electronics: Volume, Tone neck/middle, Tone bridge, 5way
Pickups: V60 (neck, midde, bridge)
Finish: Trans Blonde


Nice! I finally get to hear v60's (I have v60lp's in my Anderson.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bartok55



Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekends work for me as well, though this coming weekend is already booked.

How does the first or second weekend in November look?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
davidp158



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 35
Location: Bellevue, WA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either weekend is good for me.

Bartok55 wrote:
Weekends work for me as well, though this coming weekend is already booked.

How does the first or second weekend in November look?

_________________
More Mel Bay, less ebay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB ©