Suhr :: View topic - My entry for the mayones competition ... lets go metal :P

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

My entry for the mayones competition ... lets go metal :P

View previous topic :: View next topic  
openmind1984

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: My entry for the mayones competition ... lets go metal :P Reply with quote

hey guys just me and my entry ... enjoy and of course let me know what u think !!! sleepery I m waiting for your opinion Razz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kISWx1J20OU
Slippery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My entry for the mayones competition ... lets go metal : Reply with quote

openmind1984 wrote:
hey guys just me and my entry ... enjoy and of course let me know what u think !!! sleepery I m waiting for your opinion Razz

Tony Mate, that was definitely a big thumbs up Exclamation

Just loved the 2 hand tappin, had to watch it twice.

Every time I see that axe of yours, just love that Chillin TOP.
well done, good luck.

Don't know if this is right but... Felicitaciones, Buena Suerte con la competición.

Ok, Gotta Bail. Ooroo for now! Slippery.
openmind1984

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: My entry for the mayones competition ... lets go metal : Reply with quote

Slippery wrote:
openmind1984 wrote:

Tony Mate, that was definitely a big thumbs up Exclamation

Just loved the 2 hand tappin, had to watch it twice.

Every time I see that axe of yours, just love that Chillin TOP.
well done, good luck.

Don't know if this is right but... Felicitaciones, Buena Suerte con la competición.

thx man !!!! The 2 hands tapping stuff I first saw in bulding the church from Steve Vai but then I say Andy James doing it in a Metal situation and was like fuck yeah, thatīs it !!!! so I tried to make something similar. .. not perfect, in fact there re 3 or 4 mistakes in there that I would like to change but you know ....
About the Suhr, itīs a pretty nice axe right ? very good looking !!!
Your Spanish is great man, are u practicing it ? I m practicing my english as well, I m going to LA in 12 days and I m so freakin excited about it !!!!
BengalBurst

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony, nice work!

Few questions if you could spare a moment for your thoughts:

What string gauge are you using? I have the same GG guitar but in BengalBurst. I changed from Roto 10's to Ernie Ball 9's (took out a spring and re-set the bridge) but they didn't have enough tension, so changed to D'Addario 9's for a bit more tension, then up to D'Addario 9.5's, but not sure, which is annoying as I also have the GG Antique Modern which is perfect with Ernie Ball Cobalt 10's, ARGH!!
I know string gauge is a personal preference, but thought I'd ask.

I'm looking for a new amp/cab and not sure what to get...from your videos, you seem to have tried lots of gear. Again, I know choosing gear is a very subjective thing, but wondered if you had any input on the products you've used.

-Badger 35, 2x12" cab and a Suhr Riot
-CAA OD100SE and 2x12" cab
-Axe-fxII, power amp and 2x12" cab
-Cornford MKII and 2x12"

Many thanks,

BB
openmind1984

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bengal so .... U use 9s. I ve an endorsment by Chris Campbell Custom Strings, so I play that strings all the time, check them out, sounds and feels pretty nice to be honest.
About amps, u re right man, it all depends on your taste, all those amps are great !!! Canīt go wrong with any of them but I ll tell u my opinion.
Suhr Badger will be my first choice, itīs so awsome and sound so great man u will not believe it !!!! And looks awsome !!! Razz
OD100SE its a great amp with lots of gain, y wont need any pedal BUT in my opinion, itīs not an easy amp to play with, I mean, u know sometimes it feels hard to play the notes ... so .... but again, the sound is so great !!!
axe fx ii is the most portable amp ever !!! and if u re recording stuff, its amazing how good it sounds !!! I ll run into into my 212 with matrix power amp but send diret out to the PA, n o mic needed man, 212 just for reference ...
Cornford, ... I own a hellcat head, but havenīt tried the mkii so .... sorry about this one !!!
Edward Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice topic and information. I enjoyed the information from given link which is really value-able and acknowledging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: