Suhr :: View topic - Floyd Rose Bridge Availability (and Suhr #4305 and #4307)

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Floyd Rose Bridge Availability (and Suhr #4305 and #4307)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddyrox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Floyd Rose Bridge Availability (and Suhr #4305 and #4307) Reply with quote

John, I understand that the Floyd Rose bridges are backordered through November? And that you've been waiting 5 months for new stock? (I probably have my story all screwed up, so apologies in advance! Wink) Could you shed some light on this situation? Is it due to parts, components, manufacturing processes/controls (or lack thereof), etc.?

But that said, what are the chances of getting a chrome Floyd (Joe's 4307) and a black Floyd (my 4305) for some February birthdates? Confused

thanks for the insights!!
mike o.
jdzialak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Mike said.
Any updates would be greatly appreciated.
Last I heard (which was on Feb 1st) was that it was gonna be 2 weeks until the Floyds came in. 2 weeks would be next Tuesday the 15th. Is that accurate?

Thanks,

Joe #4307
MikeE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it sucks you guys have to wait b/c of a shortage of Floyds, it's nice to see others who still use a Floyd trem. People see a Floyd on your guitar and immediately think you’re a wanker from the 80's. Although I do wank from time to time (I'm talking about guitar playing Laughing ), it's still a great bridge for staying in tune even for the Gilmour style trem usage.

I curious the percentage of Suhr guitars that leave the shop with Floyd’s.

Mike E.
eddyrox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeE wrote:
People see a Floyd on your guitar and immediately think you’re a wanker from the 80's.

Given my playing, I should BE so lucky!! Wink
MikeE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddyrox wrote:
MikeE wrote:
People see a Floyd on your guitar and immediately think you’re a wanker from the 80's.

Given my playing, I should BE so lucky!! Wink

Ha ha.... me too. I should have clarified I'm a wanna be wanker.

Mike E
jdzialak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends call me a wanker... Confused
But really, I just wanna stay in tune while using a whammy bar.
I had no idea they were getting so rarely used. Or maybe over used if they are back ordered...Hmmm.

Now how about some Info from the SUHR camp about our Floyds?

Joe
pluto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think they made floyd rose bridges anymore. Laughing
eddyrox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pluto wrote:

YOU, my friend, are an instigator!!! Wink (oh and I did receive your pix, which I'll post/host tonight)
mike.
matt_sefton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pluto wrote:

They do, but they reserve them for the REALLY good players Wink
pluto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_sefton wrote:
pluto wrote:

If that's true, why is it that eddyrox is getting one? Shocked Razz Haha, just giving you gas Mikey!! Very Happy
eddyrox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pluto wrote:
matt_sefton wrote:
pluto wrote:

If that's true, why is it that eddyrox is getting one? Shocked Razz Haha, just giving you gas Mikey!! Very Happy

OOOMG. There's NO LOVE on this board!! Is there nothing sacred even amongst Marshall freaks?! Laughing

That's it.......Matt and Mark.......NO soup for you!! Razz
toguitar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, I am a recent owner of a suhr standard w/floyd rose. It's my first floyd guitar, and I am wondering how/if most of you guys have yours set up. Mine is completely floating, and I have to say it is set up sooo well, I'm tempted not to mess with it. But...I really don't like that it goes so flat when I bend notes. I'm thinking about a block on just the one side, and adjusting the springs a little tighter. What should I use for the block? How do I attach it to the guitar so that it doesn't fall out when I use the bar? Any insights or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I wish there was a way to lock/unlock the bridge with the trem bar, and have the guitar stay in tune. That would be the ultimate in versatility! ... John?
davyped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toguitar wrote:
hey guys, I am a recent owner of a suhr standard w/floyd rose. It's my first floyd guitar, and I am wondering how/if most of you guys have yours set up. Mine is completely floating, and I have to say it is set up sooo well, I'm tempted not to mess with it. But...I really don't like that it goes so flat when I bend notes. I'm thinking about a block on just the one side, and adjusting the springs a little tighter. What should I use for the block? How do I attach it to the guitar so that it doesn't fall out when I use the bar? Any insights or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I wish there was a way to lock/unlock the bridge with the trem bar, and have the guitar stay in tune. That would be the ultimate in versatility! ... John?

Use a piece of wood and place it between the tremolo block and the body (in the tremolo cavity). You can always use a little silicone glue and glue it to the block, not the wood, that way it is easy to remove should you decide later. The hardest part is trimming the wood shim to where the bridge will be level.

Dave
jdzialak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyped wrote:

Use a piece of wood and place it between the tremolo block and the body (in the tremolo cavity). You can always use a little silicone glue and glue it to the block, not the wood, that way it is easy to remove should you decide later. The hardest part is trimming the wood shim to where the bridge will be level.

Dave

What Dave said. Eventually the TREMOL-NO will be available to us mere mortals and that will be the thing to get.
http://www.tremol-no.com/

Joe
Suhr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Floyd Rose Bridge Availability (and Suhr #4305 and #4307 Reply with quote

eddyrox wrote:
John, I understand that the Floyd Rose bridges are backordered through November? And that you've been waiting 5 months for new stock? (I probably have my story all screwed up, so apologies in advance! Wink) Could you shed some light on this situation? Is it due to parts, components, manufacturing processes/controls (or lack thereof), etc.?

But that said, what are the chances of getting a chrome Floyd (Joe's 4307) and a black Floyd (my 4305) for some February birthdates? Confused

thanks for the insights!!
mike o.

Lets not get out of control here!!!!! Yes we have been waiting but your Black unit will be here before the birth date of the guitar so settle down now Laughing

The Chrome units should be here in 2 weeks
So just chill boys Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: