Suhr :: View topic - Modern Bass

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Modern Bass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulchambers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Modern Bass Reply with quote

will there be a modern style Jazz bass, super j, styles? I have seen a nice white Suhr Jazz bass with 2 band eq in a shop in germany. Is that going to be essentially the samething, will it have a different bridge like a badass or schaller etc.?
thanks
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have some photo examples of the "super J" bass? We're certainly interested in offering a full bass lineup and the next model will be based on the P-Bass. We're building one for Teddy Landau right now. As far as other "modern" bass designs, it's just a matter of finding the time for John to come up with new designs, but we just have our hands full at the moment with all the new guitars and amps we're developing for introduction over the next few years.
paulchambers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like a Sadowsky modern style or even the Pensa basses at Rudys'.
Suhr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulchambers wrote:
Razz
you Mean my bass'es? Razz

Yes we will do a downsized Jazz and a 5 String is also in the pipeline
Mojo-Jazz-Bass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Modern J Reply with quote

Hey. I have a '05 Classic J that I absolutely love. It is the best built and sounding J-style bass I've played. I really hope Suhr introduces a 5-string model soon. Also I think he should make it with at least 22 frets, maybe 24. Since I bought this bass, I have been unable to pick up my 5 string - the neck just doesn't compare. Need Suhr 5!

Thanks.
Mojo-Jazz-Bass

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Modern pickups Reply with quote

It would be cool if Suhr made soapbar pickups an option for the Modern Bass. J pickups are great but it would be nice to get the smoother, modern, sculpted, etc. tone that soapbars are known for. A 3-band onboard with a sweepable mid control would be a nice touch.
daysleeper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my eye, the Modern guitar model is somewhat reminiscent of the jazz bass, and would probably make a stylish option to a regular jazz bass, although some size adjustments would probably be necessary to account for the longer neck and whatnot.
Mojo-Jazz-Bass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: modern bass Reply with quote

I agree. I recently expressed interest (in another forum) in a Suhr bass that would be based on the Modern Guitar design, with the slimmer body, flatter radius, more pickup options, 5th string option, and 24 frets. I think it would be way cool.
tribalfusion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: modern bass Reply with quote

Mojo-Jazz-Bass wrote:
I agree. I recently expressed interest (in another forum) in a Suhr bass that would be based on the Modern Guitar design, with the slimmer body, flatter radius, more pickup options, 5th string option, and 24 frets. I think it would be way cool.

I think this would be a great idea and I am surprised Suhr hasn't done so before now.

It seems to me an easy fit and I know a lot of people including myself who would be interested.
scifishredder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: modern bass Reply with quote

Mojo-Jazz-Bass wrote:

I've also been hoping that Suhr will do a 5 string 24 fret bass like the Modern guitar. Especially with the elliptical shaped neck and roasted maple option.
diremark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Did you also want a 6-string Modern Bass with a 36"-scale length and 4+2 tuners? Sadowsky Tokyo produces a TYO Modern Edge 6 having those features and I think John could build a similar bass like this.
rastap

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a looooong pipeline. Very Happy

Suhr wrote:
paulchambers wrote:
Razz
you Mean my bass'es? Razz

Yes we will do a downsized Jazz and a 5 String is also in the pipeline
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Bass Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: