Suhr :: View topic - Hedgehog..how much gain on tap?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hedgehog..how much gain on tap?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cragginshred

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Hedgehog..how much gain on tap? Reply with quote

There is one cool video that has some excellent Eric Johnson type plexi tones. Although it seems to be more of a Fender type tone I am curious as to how much gain it gets?
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hedgehog..how much gain on tap? Reply with quote

cragginshred wrote:
There is one cool video that has some excellent Eric Johnson type plexi tones. Although it seems to be more of a Fender type tone I am curious as to how much gain it gets?

With a 4x12 it can rock big time. Lots of gain on tap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1Bwr_XkgM
cragginshred

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video and tone,.. were they running a Sheba into the front of the amp to push it for this tone/gain (fine with me),..just curious!
cragginshred

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ZxO9RpnSw

Any way to hear some chords and riffing with this EJ type tone - will it do the VH brown sound with or without a Sheba?
jcfay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cragginshred wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ZxO9RpnSw

Any way to hear some chords and riffing with this EJ type tone - will it do the VH brown sound with or without a Sheba?

You know I've been playing it for a few months now with no OD/compression/distortion, and just using the front end of the amp for that. I'm playing a couple of fantastic Suhr customs (a modern and standard). And it gives me all the gain you'd need. No problem getting the EJ tones, roll the tone back on the bridge pickup a bit with some good gain and it's there. The brown sound is there too, if you want it. On the other hand, I just picked up a couple pedals recently and plugged them into the front end (a Friedman Sir-Compre and a JHS Andy Timmons model Angry Charlie), and it kicked it up a few more notches. Past the point of insanity, actually. So honestly, if you've got a guitar with decently hot pickups, you won't need any additional gain beyond what the amp already has. IMO.

It's fantastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: