Suhr :: View topic - 1 inch neck profile...

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

1 inch neck profile...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lreese

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: 1 inch neck profile... Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone tried the 1" neck profile - wondering what's its like from anyone who might have tried one. Fantasizing about a possible future build.

For comparision, I have a 50's round profile, which feels big to me (feels bigger than it would seem it would be) but definitely not too big.

I've got 2 different Strats with the NoNeck shape neck - those are even bigger, one feels bigger than the other. Big, round but not uncomfortable to play, In fact, its quite nice feeling to me - YMMV of course.
UberBill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: neck profile Reply with quote

Really? It all depends on hand size, finger length and flexibility. To say this neck is great means nothing. Would you prefer a waistband size of 32 or 40? It depends on your weight and size. Everybody is different. Sorry for the sermon, but all too often I read about claims about this guitar or whatever. Also, scale length, fret size and action. The list goes on.
Drew7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: neck profile Reply with quote

UberBill wrote:
Really? It all depends on hand size, finger length and flexibility. To say this neck is great means nothing. Would you prefer a waistband size of 32 or 40? It depends on your weight and size. Everybody is different. Sorry for the sermon, but all too often I read about claims about this guitar or whatever. Also, scale length, fret size and action. The list goes on.

....though, I'd say that variation in hand size is a LOT more modest than variation in waist size. It's still very subjective and some people prefer bigger necks while some prefer smaller ones, but I think the range where preference starts to become an unusual outlier is a lot tighter than waist size or shoe size or the like.

1" is definitely unusually thick - thicker than an old 50s telecaster, even. I'd say unless you know you like really thick necks, that one. might require some adjustment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: