Suhr :: View topic - Newbie

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeyunopper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

Hi There, Just joined the Suhr ranks with a Badger 35. Was a bit worried i'd made the wrong choice, and should have purchased the 30, but was very impressed with the sound last night at rehearsal. Currently playing through my MAZ 18Jr combo speaker (G12M-65 CB). Undecided whether to continue doing this using a headbone to switch between the 2 amps, or buy a separate cab.

If the Cab route, was thinking of buying a Zilla fatboy with 2 Heritage G12M Greenback greenbacks in series. I've never spec'd anything before, so no idea if this will work, but I'm sure Zilla can recommend something if this isn't correct.

Anyway, nice meeting you all...

Ian
VerodaClient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

Congrats on the new purchase, funny in that I came from a Maz 35 to the Badger and can say it was the best move I ever made! The 18 might be different but the Maz 35 was just too bright for my tastes.

On the cab front, I used the Badger 35 into a 1x12 with a G12-65 for ages and it was fantastic. Not sure how different the G12M-65 CB is though.

On the 2x12 front, I recently got the Suhr 1x12 with a veteran 30 and it's really fantastic so I'd probably vote for the Badger 2x12 since it's probably about the same size as the fatboy and is specifically matched to the Badger. I'd put 2 G12-65s in it if it was me to get that whole Robben Ford thing going but that's me..

Leon
eeyunopper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Leon,

Yes, would love the Suhr cab, if only for the aesthetic. Those speakers get a good write up. So much choice!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: