Suhr :: View topic - Hi there... and a question...

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hi there... and a question...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eske Meldgaard Krogh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Hi there... and a question... Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm new to this board and would first of all like to take the time to congratulate Mr. Suhr on the amazing instruments he and his team build; I am yet to try a Suhr guitar that didn't impress me - which is quite a lot more than what can be said of most builders out there! Amazing wood work, amazing fret work, amazing PUs and QC that (in my book) is yet to be equaled.

I play a (heavily) modded Fender Malmsteen Strat that I love and hate intensely... I love the scalloped fretboard, the round shoulders of the neck and the overall tone of the instrument (albeit I have heard better tones from... you guessed it: Suhr Classics), but absolutely hate the sub-par fretwork, dodgy tolerances on the wood work and obvious disregard for customer satisfaction. For these reasons I am looking for a guitar to put my Fender into service as a backup instrument only. Moreover, I am positive that a Suhr Classic HSS w. stainless steel frets and the amazing PLEK treatment (clever people those germans!) could be the perfect instrument for my needs.

Hence my question:

Does Suhr offer scalloping and, possibly, a YJM neck shape as extra options, or will I have to look elsewhere for someone to butcher a perfectly good maple neck? I am well aware that scalloping takes away important mass (and strength) from the neck - but it has proven quite addictive to these hands and I simply have to have it on my guitars to truly feel comfortable.

Kind regards

Eske
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: