Suhr :: View topic - Corso Cabs. What y'all running? 2x8 Ohm Parallel help plz!

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Corso Cabs. What y'all running? 2x8 Ohm Parallel help plz!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrewSCS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Corso Cabs. What y'all running? 2x8 Ohm Parallel help plz! Reply with quote

Hi all, new here & new to Suhr! After being on the Australian distributor's waiting list for a very long time for a new Corso I finally managed to snag a 2nd hand bargain. She got delivered today and all seems well. My-oh-my it's a pretty lil' toaster!

Apologies for the remedial/noobish questions here - I'm actually pretty ok with technical stuff in audioland but as far as amps/cabs go I've not had to think on this stuff for over 20 years, so I'm wanting to make sure I have my ducks in a row. All I've run over the last few years is some average combo's & I've stuck with whatever was stock in the cabs.

It's looking very likely I'll be building a custom cab to go with it, either 2x12 or 1x12. (complete with exposed end-ply trimmings). I'm curious to learn about any pro's and cons of using 1 or 2 speakers with the head.

But firstly:

Hoping someone can break down how the head is ultimately designed to be used (or not used) with it's two 8 Ohm parallel outputs.

1. I'm assuming I can grab one 8 Ohm speaker and plug it into either of the output sockets on the head, correct? That's basically the simplest most efficient setup for the amp, correct?

(To test the head I briefly used the only spare cab I have, a 16 ohm Celestion Rocket 50 I think. Sounded ok but seeing as it's a 'safe-mismatch' not something I want to run as normal).

2. It doesn't seem par for the course to me, but are the two 8 ohm outputs independent from each other? Meaning: if I use two separate 1x12 8 ohm cabs (one on each output) is the amp still working as intended at 8 ohms?

3. Or if I build a 2x12 - should I be getting two 8 ohm speakers and wire them to connect to one output?

Before this gets too long winded, I'll leave it here & ask how do you guys run this little beast?!

Thanks for any help or ideas peoples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: