Suhr :: View topic - Gotoh 510 2 bridge post height

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Gotoh 510 2 bridge post height

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jkaneshiro23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Gotoh 510 2 bridge post height Reply with quote

I just bought another Suhr Classic but this one comes with the solid saddles rather than the bent ones. Buying this one used I noticed the bridge is angled up at the two posts. Not really looking to do any big interval pull ups on the bar. How far down should I screw the posts into the body? Will this change the feel of the strings? Thank you!
martincliffe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bridge is angled, sounds more like the claw screws just need adjusting slightly - probably set up for heavier strings than you're using. Adjusting the post height will adjust the action, but won't counter the angle the bridge is sat at (unless it's then hitting the deck of the guitar, but that's less than ideal)
Jkaneshiro23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know! I just went ahead and screwed down the posts a tiny bit to match that of my Classic Pro. Did seem like screwing down those post affected the action, which I liked. Want to be able to just get it setup at some point. Thank you for your input!
MIKEN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question about the 510 adjustment: is it ok to raise or lower the trem posts to tweak the action while the strings are at full tension? Or should the strings be loosened?
Suhr

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKEN wrote:
Another question about the 510 adjustment: is it ok to raise or lower the trem posts to tweak the action while the strings are at full tension? Or should the strings be loosened?

If they are 10 or lighter you are fine but there is a lock screw in the center of the posts. Loosen to lower and lock after you are done. I wouldn’t change them too much though. Adjust the saddles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: