Suhr :: View topic - hedgehog footswitch midi controller question

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

hedgehog footswitch midi controller question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcfay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: hedgehog footswitch midi controller question Reply with quote

Hi all - I'm putting together a pedalboard that will be controlled by a Gigrig G2 controller, with midi out. I'll have a few midi pedals on there, and I'd like to program my hedgehog amp presets to the new G2. I'm new to midi so when I noticed the 7-pin footswitch input on the hedgehog I was confused.

Can I just plug a standard, 5-pin midi in cable into the footswitch and then program the pedal board controller to send the appropriate midi signals as outlined in the user guide? Can I get more than 4 presets then (I guess so since the hedgehog footswitch only includes 4 buttons, and that's why it's limited to 4 presets)?

THANKS!!! Very Happy
Suhr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: hedgehog footswitch midi controller question Reply with quote

jcfay wrote:
Hi all - I'm putting together a pedalboard that will be controlled by a Gigrig G2 controller, with midi out. I'll have a few midi pedals on there, and I'd like to program my hedgehog amp presets to the new G2. I'm new to midi so when I noticed the 7-pin footswitch input on the hedgehog I was confused.

Can I just plug a standard, 5-pin midi in cable into the footswitch and then program the pedal board controller to send the appropriate midi signals as outlined in the user guide? Can I get more than 4 presets then (I guess so since the hedgehog footswitch only includes 4 buttons, and that's why it's limited to 4 presets)?

THANKS!!! Very Happy

Yes standard 5 pin since the other two pins are power for the footswitch.
You can have 128 presets.
Turn on what you want on the Hedgehog, hit store, send the preset to the hedgehog on the default midi channel and it will be stored. Same way as the footswitch works since that is all it really is, a midi footswitch.

You can also assign individual buttons via controller numbers for things like the bright switch or mid boost or whatever outside the preset.
jcfay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: hedgehog footswitch midi controller question Reply with quote

Suhr wrote:

Yes standard 5 pin since the other two pins are power for the footswitch.
You can have 128 presets.
Turn on what you want on the Hedgehog, hit store, send the preset to the hedgehog on the default midi channel and it will be stored. Same way as the footswitch works since that is all it really is, a midi footswitch.

You can also assign individual buttons via controller numbers for things like the bright switch or mid boost or whatever outside the preset.

128! Holy crap. That's so frigging awesome. Thank you so much. And I hadn't even thought of being able to program any of the individual switches, what a great idea. With the loop controller I'm getting that is just going to be fantastic.

Thanks again as always for the outstanding products and help!
Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: