Suhr :: View topic - Reactive Load / hardware IR loader suggestion

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Reactive Load / hardware IR loader suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenizzle

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reactive Load / hardware IR loader suggestion Reply with quote

Dude Bro's - What it is, and what it was.

I have an SRL on the way and will be using it with a Mesa single rec 50W head going into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. I'll load IR's in Cubase with Nadir or LePou until I buy a hardware loader.

I've read that the XLR out vs the 1/4" out on the SLR are different impedances. What are the majority of you cats using?

Secondly, if i wanted to insert a hardware IR loader in between the SRL and my interface, has anyone on here had an opportunity to try out the various options and have chosen a clear winner?

One thing is for sure, and why I bought the SRL for the price it goes for. The responses from those who have owned or tried all of the load boxes available all pretty much unanimously agree that the SRL is the winner. this is from forum posts, youtube clips, general research. Not a single person chose something else OVER the SRL so I am very confident that I'm going to be getting the best possible sound out of my speaker output into my recording system.

Talk to me about hardware IR loaders, please. I prefer not to do it in the DAW.
thenizzle

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro dude's - thanks for the overwhelming responses.

My Reactive Load will be arriving today from the big brown truck. I'll be sure to reply back to myself once I get it setup and help to answer my own question so when my future self visits this topic again I will see a familiar face.
thenizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got this unit and it's all i hoped for. recto and pink taco sounding fabu.
Hassse

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Im using the two notes CAB it works great, haven't compared it to anything else but it works and sounds great.
thenizzle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking with DAW how plugin loader for now and will skip the hardware box. I have my sessions with all 3 of these loaded and can quickly enable/disable to do some quick and easy tone comparsions.

LePou LECab
NadIR
PULSE (made by same dudes as NadIR)

Not sure why WOS is so popular, it's my least favorite/most clunky and least best sounding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: