Suhr :: View topic - CAA 212 Speakers

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

CAA 212 Speakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeltxu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: CAA 212 Speakers Reply with quote

Hi. I have a CAA 212 with v30. I'm planning to change spearkers for a pair of Creambacks G12M 65. I know is a ported cab tuned for V30 and this is my doubt. Will work with other speakers? I've readed topics talking about Scumbacks 75 and see demos of Rockinchippy (thanks man if you read this), but nothing about my choice. A little bit tired of harshness of V30's and the creambacks are perfect in demos for what I'm looking for.

Opinions are welcome
Suhr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: CAA 212 Speakers Reply with quote

Mikeltxu wrote:
Hi. I have a CAA 212 with v30. I'm planning to change spearkers for a pair of Creambacks G12M 65. I know is a ported cab tuned for V30 and this is my doubt. Will work with other speakers? I've readed topics talking about Scumbacks 75 and see demos of Rockinchippy (thanks man if you read this), but nothing about my choice. A little bit tired of harshness of V30's and the creambacks are perfect in demos for what I'm looking for.

Opinions are welcome

The Old CAA cab is a smaller cab and finely tuned for the V30. IF you want smoother highs that work with that cab you might want to look at a Vet 30, the other consideration with a ported cab is it will lower the rated wattage of the speaker. Other speakers, I haven't tested in that cab in a very long time. The newer cabs are larger and more open sounding.
Hassse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creamback 65 did not work for me in the CAA 2x12 cab.
The creamback got really dark. I love the v30 in the CAA cab.
Mikeltxu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hassse wrote:
The creamback 65 did not work for me in the CAA 2x12 cab.
The creamback got really dark. I love the v30 in the CAA cab.

Thanks for the response. Iwas thinking that they will fit, but is a response evidence based.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: