Suhr :: View topic - Isssue regarding Suhr Reactive Load Box

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ† †SearchSearch† †MemberlistMemberlist† †UsergroupsUsergroups† †RegisterRegister

Isssue regarding Suhr Reactive Load Box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psionic75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Isssue regarding Suhr Reactive Load Box Reply with quote

I have a question about the Suhr Reactive Load Box.When i record with it my wave file(i think thats what it is called)comes out really thick and chunky like its clipping.This happens no matter how I set the gain structure e.g.If i lower the d.i. level on the load box or lower the gain level on my interface or turn down the the volume on my amp.No matter what i do i can't seem to get any dynamics out of it.I need some advice on what I am doing wrong.I have a EVH 5150 III lunchbox head going into the load box going into my interface into my DAW and i am using Two notes torpedo wall of sound.when i record using the traditional method i.e microphone,My wave file has peaks and troughs for lack of a better word,But with the load box i only get this thick line with no peaks or troughs.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, that's normal

What you're seeing is the waveform DIRECTLY coming out of the POWER AMP.

If you run any kind of overdrive or distortion, you're clipping the signal somewhere, and then the power amp takes that clipped signal and feeds it to the speakers. The speakers, of course, will react differently to this clipped signal, and that's why different cabinets sound different.

When you record with a microphone, you're not seeing the waveform directly from the power amp, but instead, from the speaker pushing sound wave that got picked up by the microphone. The dynamics that you see are the dynamics picked up by the mic.

When you use something like Reactive Load or Torpedo Reload, you're looking at only the direct power amp output, and then feed that output into your IR plugin. The IR plugin will output a wave that's more dynamic looking, more similar to what you see from a microphone, but you can't see that wave.
psionic75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,That makes sense.The sound I am getting is good,But it doesn't react like my amp mic'd up.The dynamics just don't sound or feel right.This must be normal.I wonder if anyone else has felt this way?
Suhr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic75 wrote:
Okay,That makes sense.The sound I am getting is good,But it doesn't react like my amp mic'd up.The dynamics just don't sound or feel right.This must be normal.I wonder if anyone else has felt this way?

No, you just donít have it setup correctly or havenít found the right IR.
Use Celestion longer IR and Redwirez MixIR2 for the plug in loader. Make sure you are only monitoring the IR track. I imagine you are using logic and a decent interface ?
psionic75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,I will give that a try.Thanks for the help.For both the replies i have received.
psionic75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am using Logic and a Mackie Black Onyx interface.
psionic75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried used Celestion and own hammer IR's and have tried both 200ms and 500ms times.Just to be clear, your inferring that its the Two Notes software thats the culprit here and by buying the $50 Redwirez program will sort out the problem?.I know the Rewirez program is superior to the Two notes,But that sounds rather odd to me.What are the chances that there is a problem with the Reactive Load box itself? as there seems to be no where on the net forum sites where anyone else has had this problem.Its just a lot of money to spend on a program which might turn out to be not the problem that's all.
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Note isn't the problem here, I think what he meant is the particular IR that you were using. You don't need to spend more money here.

Two Note comes with a wide array of IRs, and each one is extremely tweakable. Similar to how you need to properly place a physical mic, you need to tweak the IR setting to a sweet spot so it reacts the best to your playing.

How are you monitoring, btw? Because if you're using some kind of "live" monitoring through your DAW with software, things will feel weird because there will be latency.
psionic75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I post a screenshot?It would be probably better if I could show what I mean.
psionic75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I rectify the latency issue?I am monitoring through my DAW.
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic75 wrote:
How do I rectify the latency issue?I am monitoring through my DAW.

You check the buffer size?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: