Suhr :: View topic - Suhr NM tone pushpull

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr NM tone pushpull

View previous topic :: View next topic  
russenrika

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Suhr NM tone pushpull Reply with quote

Hello I'm new. I have a suhr antique 2009 and on the certificate it says "NM tone push pull. I opened it up and to my surprise there is a metal ring surrounding the pickup cavity with a trim pot attached to it. What does this do?
russenrika

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Silent Single Coil System Reply with quote

I have just discovered that it is a SSCII ,Silent Single Coil System. Can anyone tell me what the trimpot is for?
lreese

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the old SSC1... If so, that trimpot allows adjustment of the noise cancelling coil to optimize hum rejection. Still a fine piece of equipment.

I don't think the SSCII has a trimpot. The SSCII came into being as I recall late 2011/early 2012. Someone will chime in if I'm mistaken.

Pics?
russenrika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ireese, that sound about right.I live in Europe so I might need to adjust the trimpot because we have 50hz here.
I have a picture
/Users/rika/Desktop/Suhr classic antique 2009 SSC1.jpg

I'm not sure how to post a picture, I just dragged it here from my desktop. But I can't see it.
lreese

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it look like this?

[/url]p1010001 by imnothere2000, on Flickr

You have to upload to an image host like flickr and put the link inside img tags.

[img]URL to photo[/img]
russenrika

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ireese, yes it does look exactly like that. I'll look in to how to adjust the trimpot for European hertz. Thank you for your help.
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russenrika wrote:
Thanks Ireese, that sound about right.I live in Europe so I might need to adjust the trimpot because we have 50hz here.
I have a picture
/Users/rika/Desktop/Suhr classic antique 2009 SSC1.jpg

I'm not sure how to post a picture, I just dragged it here from my desktop. But I can't see it.

Don't touch it, its the same adjustment fro 60 or 50 hz
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russenrika wrote:
Thanks Ireese, yes it does look exactly like that. I'll look in to how to adjust the trimpot for European hertz. Thank you for your help.

It is the same adjustment for either, don't touch it unless you change pickups
russenrika

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oeps I've already turned the trimpot, but I did mark it before doing so. Is it possible to reset it? I work in a theater and I could go there and turn on some spots (that is always a good hum-maker) and then look for the best trimpot settings?
Suhr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russenrika wrote:
Oeps I've already turned the trimpot, but I did mark it before doing so. Is it possible to reset it? I work in a theater and I could go there and turn on some spots (that is always a good hum-maker) and then look for the best trimpot settings?

The best thing when you see a trim pot is not to turn it to see what it does Wink

You need to have the guitar in your normal playing position facing away from the amp in a NORMAL playing position and normal distance away from it with the circuit hanging out to adjust, One trim is for the Bridge the other for neck and middle but they do interact. You need to keep playing with each until you find the balance again. Use your ears. Then stuff the circuit back under the pickguard.
russenrika

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to explain how to adjust the trimpot. Finding out how things work has always given me pleasure, but your probably right about not touching trimpots Wink My suhr only has one trimpot, so I expect that is for all pickups. Although I don't have a whole lot of hum and buzz at the moment, I will follow you're instructions and find the best settings again. Thanks and regards, Russell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: