Suhr :: View topic - Rewiring a Suhr HH for Pete Thorn wiring

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Rewiring a Suhr HH for Pete Thorn wiring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve.E

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Rewiring a Suhr HH for Pete Thorn wiring Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm pretty much a complete newbie at guitar electronics, I installed some DiMarzios in an Ibanez a few years ago and recently rescued an Audio Interface by replacing 16 capacitors but other than that I'm a noob.

I have a 2007 Suhr Carve Top (HH) with stock wiring; 5 way, tone & volume.

I've recently received 2 Thornbuckers.

I've got 2 wiring diagrams from Suhr (thanks!) the one for my guitar and the one for Pete's signature, I want to try out his wiring once I've received my push pull switch. I know a great tech but I'd rather learn how to do this myself.

Comparing the 2 diagrams side by side I can see there are a couple of extra types of wire on the Thorn wiring that is not present on my guitar, a red wire with hatching (not a solid red) connecting 2 poles(s) on the pickup switch and a black wire with hatching (not solid black) connecting 3 poles of the switch to the push pull pot.

Can anyone please tell me what type of wire I need to buy, and if I should buy some spare in case I can't just reuse what is already in my guitar?

Thanks
Kebabkid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to hijack this thread but if anyone has the answer, I have a thread up asking about a similar thing for an Alt T Pro.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: