Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Tribal Tech US Tour?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Tribal Tech US Tour?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrGonzo12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Tribal Tech US Tour? Reply with quote

"Oh No... Dale's here...." well I finally managed to jump thru all of Kirk95's hoops .... and land here in your world. I have not gone away...got all the solo disc's, the HBC, the Retro & kinensthetics.. I even made a 4disc retrospective of Tribal Tech & sent it out with a copy of "X" to those on my list who already owned the rights to that stuff... to Celebrate the release of such a fine set of tunes. Palm Moon Plaza... indeed.

So swingin' it thru asia... Will we see any US dates??? will I have to pay for this out of my own pocket? last I knew it was 2K & four hotel rooms to make that nut, but I'm sure bit has increased a bit since.... then.

And I am lovin' the instructional video..

O.K. Dale.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support Dale! Unfortunately clubs in the US don't pay much more for jazz shows than they did in the 90's, so no US tour. The Iridium in NYC is the only club I can think of which pays enough to book Tribal Tech. Keep in mind Willis lives in Spain now, so that adds to the expenses.

Take the family on a vacation to Europe this summer! I'll be posting those dates on my website around the end of May. Good to hear from you!
DrGonzo12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well man, that sucks... real artists making good music not getting paid, scam artists on wall street making bad deals walking away with millions.

I love the way you fused vocabulary with music phrasing in your DVD,.. and speaking of DVD's I strongly urge you guys to make A DVD of your european gigs. this may be the last time around & and the stuff on you tube just doesn't cut it. (I do miss premonition: Kirk looks like Thor in that light, the playing is unreal and yes... you can't see Gary at all... only bummer)

I could put some money into that... you guys really need to document this band and visual stuff sells nowadays.

Business is not that great and I have been spending too much money on guitar equipment to take the family to europe. Do you know what the modern equivalent of an MXR Micro Amp is? It seems to take the capacitance load off my pick ups but it is 30 years old and I would like to update it. I have managed to replace almost everything else in my rig, but when I pull this thing out the top end ring really drops off....

Spain... Willis! Alonso wins in China! wish everyone in the band well for me.

Dale.
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Hope you're doing well.

I would like to second Dale's recommendation for a live DVD/CD. Would Ronnie Scott's be the spot to record at? You play there for two consecutive nights, set up once, and record both evenings. Also, you indicated that you'll be playing loser / more organic music during your European tour. Seems like a perfect opportunity to capture TT cutting lose. I think this would be TT's best seller.

Here's some inspiration from one of my favorite Beck pieces...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=howz7gVecjE

Thank you again for your time and music.

Pete
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale, the pedals you might want to try: Xotic RC Booster, Lovepedal COT 50, or Vemuram Jan Ray. Tha Jan ray has the most mid, the COT 50 is in the middle, and the RC is the most scooped. The MXR had tons of bass so the RC is probably the closest of the three.
gurnisht

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix: Apparently, the Vemuram Jan Ray turned out to be just a clone of the much cheaper Timmy pedal. This is based on a post and a subsequent thread in The Gear Page.
Sorry if I offended anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: