Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Plimsoul new version
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Plimsoul new version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjferretti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Plimsoul new version Reply with quote

Scott, you said the following about the Plimsoul:

"On Stratus I used the new version of the PlimSoul, which is the only one he sells now. It has a little less bass than the previous version, but it's smoother sounding and I like it more."

I contacted Fulltone twice asking them how to tell the difference between versions and they had no response.

So how do you tell the difference between versions?

Thanks again.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is, you can't. I don't know the specific details about why they're not responding, but I think it sucks when a company makes a product and then improves it without being open with their customers about which version is which. They should make it public knowledge by posting on their site that every pedal after a certain serial number is the new version. That's what Xotic did after they made an improvement to the RC Booster.

If you have both versions of the PlimSoul side by side, you'd hear that the new one has less bass and sounds smoother. Without having both versions, it would be impossible to know which is which. unless you've used them both like I have. The safest thing is to not buy it at a store, but order it directly from Fulltone because they only make the new one now.
gurnisht

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fulltone site won't ship internationally, so I emailed them and they replied that from serial number 6302 it's the new version.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, that's the way to do it - now we know!
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree that the new version of the plimsoul is WAY better.
I have one in the 4000's and I just bought one in the 7000s and the tone is like Scott described---smoother---and just better all around. Not that subtle of a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: