Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Which cabinet configuration for studio and live.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Which cabinet configuration for studio and live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjferretti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Which cabinet configuration for studio and live. Reply with quote

Just got an OD100 Classic plus and I need to get a cabinet.
My main guitar is a Suhr Classic with ML pickups.
For speakers I am going with a 4x12 with greenbacks.

Now I read your recommendations for studio and live but I can only afford one cabinet which configuration should I get?

Open or close back?

Straight or slant?

Thank you.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If recording is more important to you than live, get a straight, closed back 4x12. That's the best sounding cab to record. The down side is on stage it's a pretty directional cab, so you might kill the people sitting directly in front of it, and your band will probably need guitar in their monitors. I like open back cabs for live - an open back slant gets the sound in your ears better, plus spreads the sound around the stage. The down side is open back cabs usually sound bad when recording them in small rooms, because the sound from the back bounces around the room and gets back into the mic. In a huge room they sound fine. Hope this info helps you make your decision!
rjferretti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Warehouse Green Beret Reply with quote

Scott thanks for your response. I just spoke with David from Suhr about them building me a cabinet for the OD100 Classic plue and he was pushing the Warehouse Green Beret over the G12M. I am now sure if that's because Suhr offers the Warehouse speakers or he thinks they sound better. Should I stick to the greenbacks?

Thanks again
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick to the Greenbacks! I've heard the Warehouse speakers, and they only one they make which sounds as good or better than the original is their version of the Vintage 30 - I don't remember what they call it. But the Green Beret absolutely does not sound as good as a real Greenback. Make sure you get 8 ohm speakers so the cabinet runs at 8 ohms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: