Suhr :: View topic - Worried about stripped bridge mount screw

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Worried about stripped bridge mount screw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lball70

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Worried about stripped bridge mount screw Reply with quote

I did something out of inexperience, and managed to strip one of the Gotoh 510 bridge mounting screws on my Suhr Modern Satin. I ordered replacement screws and a screw extractor kit from StewMac. Is this something I can do by following the Stew Mac instructions and getting it out and replacing it, or do I need to take it to the local guitar store techs that might have tools and experience with this, or even contact Suhr and send it in to the manufacturer? I am trying to stay calm and not panic, the bridge obviously did not move so it still plays perfectly. I was attempting to replace the block with a brass block, spring claw, claw screws and silent springs from fu-tone. It is playable because the screw didn't move but I was just trying to loosen it to get it off, and I didn't even need to and it stripped when I was going to loosen it gradually. I should have been using a T-hex wrench anyway.

So I'm asking advice of you more experienced guys of what you think the best route to go. It's my first Suhr and I love it so if it has to go back or costs more I don't care I will do it. If I have to get a new bridge I will do that too. Thank you.
cs@suhr.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, stay calm and don't panic. Wink We are in the best position to advise you on how to proceed. Please send a photo of the screw with the issue to our support team and we will be happy to take a look.

https://www.suhr.com/support-contact
lball70

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cs@suhr.com wrote:
First off, stay calm and don't panic. Wink We are in the best position to advise you on how to proceed. Please send a photo of the screw with the issue to our support team and we will be happy to take a look.

Thank you, I will get some pics and get in contact with support.
lball70

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cs@suhr.com wrote:

Support was great, and it is no big deal. The bolts lock which I did not know, and I got a complete reference to do what I want. Suhr support is stellar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: